The critically acclaimed Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center features authoritative, wide-ranging content that is accessible and intuitively organized. This comprehensive career research database is broken down into three main sections: Job and Industry Profiles, Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills, and Career and Industry Resources.
Our career research database is known for its unprecedented depth of coverage and variety of user-friendly content formats, such as informative articles, videos, interviews, special features, and more. The material is drawn from a range of authoritative sources and is extensively indexed.
- Job and Industry Profiles: nearly 3,400 jobs and 94 industries, broken down into 16 Career Clusters created by the Department of Education
- Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills: guidance on getting a job and keeping it—establishing a career path, honing interview skills, writing résumés, and more
- Career and Industry Resources: more than 55,000 searchable, browsable resource entries, divided into convenient categories on fellowships, organizations, internships, scholarships, and awards
- Career Interest Assessment: a feature that helps users identify their interest areas and discover related jobs and industries.
- Nearly 300 videos covering jobs, industries, and career development skills
- Advice from nationally renowned author and career expert Sue Morem for recent graduates, job seekers, and people advancing in the workplace
- “My Life” interviews with professionals, giving a firsthand perspective on exciting jobs
- Career Opportunities News, updated monthly
- “Did You Mean…?” search feature
- Persistent record links
- Examples of full citations in MLA, 7th Edition; Chicago Manual of Style; and APA styles.