If your professors have started talking about research assignments and papers that give you slight heart palpitations, don’t freak out! When it comes to the research part, we’ve got you covered at Dacus Library.
Here’s what we don’t recommend:
- Chat, email or phone reference for extensive research help.
- Waiting until the last minute to get started on your research – we might not be able to help you as well if you seriously procrastinate.
- Not reaching out to us at all.
Here are some options we do recommend:
- Book an appointment with a librarian to get uninterrupted help on your research topic. Use the Book-A-Librarian calendar to book an appointment.
- Come to the library’s Information Commons desk to get research help. There’s always a librarian at the desk from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, all day Saturday (1 p.m. to 6 p.m.) and Sunday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- If you can’t get help from a librarian when you need it, take a look at the Research Guides tab of our homepage – these subject guides can help point you to databases and resources specific to your broader subject.
Take advantage of our research expertise and help yourself out in a big way. You’ll be glad you did!